The 2018 Newport Half Marathon Training Program is a 13 week program designed for ALL LEVELS of runners who have previously run at least one 10k road race. Long runs begin will begin with a 4 mile run and progress up to a maximum long run distance of 13 miles. The graduation race for this program is the 2018 Newport Half Marathon on 10/7/18.
Each week will feature two organized training workouts, including form lessons to help participants avoid injury. Long runs will feature support stops, including water, an electrolyte beverage, and other goodies. All participants will receive a punch coupon (with TONS of savings!), weekly motivational and educational eNewsletters, a detailed daily training schedule, a technical shirt, graduation party and more!
NEW THIS SEASON! Strong. Stable. Durable - A Strength Training Program for Runners (optional):
- Join Sarah Kelly, founder of 18 Maple Endurance Training and Director of Endurance Coaching at Continuum Performance Center for a Fleet Feet exclusive six-week Strength Training Program.
- Go Beyond The Miles with Sarah as she takes you through a six-week strength training program designed specifically to make you a stronger, more stable and durable runner. Over the course of this six-week program the focus will be on breaking the monotony of straight ahead running, introduce new movements and exercises in all directions, and learn how to be more efficient on your next run.
- Programming will feature use of the TRX Suspension Trainer and RIP trainer, Trigger Point Performance Therapy MB5, kettlebells, elastic bands, and body weight.
- $99 fee – includes six 75-minute sessions as well as a Trigger Point Performance Therapy MB5.
- Sessions will be held at Continuum Performance Center on Thursdays from 6/14/18 – 7/19/18 (a second six-week program will be added after this if there is interest).
- Online registration link will be sent with training program confirmation email.
All paces are welcome.
Where: Fleet Feet Sports Longmeadow
When: Tuesdays @ 6:00 P.M. and Saturdays @ 8:00 A.M. - Training begins 7/10/18
How Much: $120 (does not include 18 Maple program fee or graduation race registration)
Why: Because you're worth it!!!
$120 Registration Fee Includes:
- 13 week program
- twice-weekly group runs
- discounted strength training from Sarah Kelly of CPC
- Fleet Feet Running Club membership
- “13.1 FINISHER” badge
- customized program technical shirt
- support stops on long runs
- team support and encouragement
- educational clinics by our coaches and partners
- at least one Saturday post-run pancake breakfast
- weekly training eNewsletter
- special in-store discounts during program
- graduation party
- and more!
Important Program Dates:
- Tuesday, 6/26/18 @ 6:00 PM - Info / Kick Off Night
- Tuesday, 7/10/18 @ 6:00 PM - First Tuesday Workout / FREE "Trial Run" (no obligation, see if the program is for you!)
- Saturday, 7/14/18 @ 8:00 AM - First Saturday Workout!
- Sunday, 10/7/18 - GRADUATION RACE - Newport Half Marathon and Marathon
2018 Newport Half Marathon More Info »
July 10, 2018
Tuesdays. @ 6 PM & Saturdays @ 8:00 AM
2018 Newport Half Marathon
$120 (excluding race registration and 18 Maple program fees)
The 2018 Newport Half Marathon Training Program is a 13 week program designed for runners who have recently completed at least a 10K program and are looking to train for a half-marathon distance race. All levels welcome!