Join our Mentor Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Mentor? If you would like to submit an application to join our mentor team, please read the requirements below and fill out the form that follows. Although we cannot guarantee that we will offer a mentoring position to everyone who applies, we encourage all who are interested to apply.
The Fleet Feet Sports Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports Longmeadow. Mentors attend both group workouts and non-workout meetings throughout the training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group,
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts,
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running,
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for,
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers, and
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy.
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner.
- Has completed at least one Fleet Feet Sports Longmeadow training program.
- Has completed at least one race of the goal race distance.
- Is able to attend 80% of the group workouts.
- Is able to attend the goal event.
- Is able to attend most non-workout group meetings, including the Information Night, Kick Off/Gear Up Event, and pre- and post-race gatherings.
- Agrees to relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach.
- Agrees to model and reinforce coaching tips during group workouts.
- Agrees to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs).
- Can maintain an approximate desired pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance.
- Is a “people person” and has a desire to help others achieve their goals.
- Willingness to be a Fleet Feet Sports Longmeadow store ambassador.
- PLEASE NOTE: Failure to meet mentor requirements may result in forfeiture of mentor benefits and/or eligibility for future mentor positions.
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking.
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring.
- 10% off all purchases for the duration of the program.
- Free program technical shirt.
- Post-training program party!